AB Foundation Donor Benefits Explained
DONOR BENEFITS EXPLAINED
“TO GIVE OR NOT TO GIVE?”
YOU THE TAX PAYER – DONOR BENEFITS
We are registered for donor benefits worldwide with our Africa and South Africa projects. (Soon launching our EU Project extension with project “Embrace.” The project concentrates on women empowerment towards financial sustainability. Tax Payers are always looking for Financial Benefits. Tax Payers in South Africa can give 10% of their taxable income to any non-profit organization, who is registered with the SARS Department, and approved for purposes of section 18A (1) (a) of the Act. These Organizations should also be registered with the NPO Directorate at Social Development. Donations by or to the public Benefit organization are tax deductible in the hands of the Donor.
Due to fraud in this market, I suggest that donors insist on:
- Certified copy of proof of their SARS Registration. This will enable donors to contact the SARS for the track record of the organization. Some non-profit organizations that produce documents might be de-registered.
- Certified copy of Tax Clearance Certificate
- Certified copy of the certificate of registration as a non-profit organization, with NPO Directorate. A certified copy of the constitution which should be acknowledged by the Social Development Department.
- Narrative Report Submitted to SARS and NPO for their year planning
- Donors who donate to section 18a approved organizations with projects in rural disadvantaged areas, and may also qualify for BEE points. (The Tax Exemption Guide is available from our office or from SARS.)
DONORS + SHAREHOLDERS
Benefits to the Donors/Shareholders Include:
1. Tax Deduction up to 10% of Taxable Income
2. Exemption from 20% Donation Tax
3. Bee Points - (South Africa)
4. A massive database for future marketing
5. Community members as a potential customer base
6. Advertising of their products on organization's stationery, clothing etc.
7. Organization as a marketing co-ordinator
8. Due to track record, as a relationship base, with other unions, organizations and etc.
9. Community members will become aware of product specifications through companies' info- lines
10. Networking potential throughout South Africa and Africa and some EU Countries.
11. Enormous potential for future business in the emerging markets
Yvonne Anker – Berglie
PHOTOS ARE LINK TO MORE DETAIL